Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 4

Day 4:
It’s wedding day!! We got up early to enjoy some time with Ben’s friends Jill and Damon and their boys before heading out. Maddox had a great time playing with Keagan, Zephan, and Brady. I wish I would have gotten some pictures, but both batteries were dead. The boys are coming back up on Tuesday, so we will get some good ones then.

On the way to Nashua there are a couple of Toll Booths. As we pulled up to one I got a dollar out of my wallet and gave it to Ben. He rolled down the window and butter-fingers lets it fly out the window! He stops in the middle of the freeway and I can tell he’s about to jump out of the car. I tell him not to get out, that I have another dollar, but as I reach for my wallet all I can hear is him yelling “I got it, I got it!” Out of the corner of my eye I see him leap out the door and run into the road. Yes, he was chasing a dollar bill down the freeway. Thankfully it didn’t go far. Cars were lining up behind us and the toll booth man was sticking his head out of his cubicle curious as to what was going on. It was only a matter of seconds before Ben hopped back in the driver's seat, but it felt like an eternity. I couldn’t help but crack up as we pulled up to the toll booth and Ben explained himself to the money collector, who also chuckled a bit.

We got to Pete’s hotel and went upstairs where everyone was getting ready.

Around 3:30 all of the groomsmen and the groom piled into my Dodge Journey. A few days ago Cassie had asked if I would usher them to the wedding venue since my car seats 7, so of course I said yes. I didn’t realize how little room there is in the 3rd row until the 5 men, who are all 5’9” and up and weighing 200+ pounds, piled in. Let’s just say there was a lot of grunting and groaning going on as they tried to get situated. They were packed like sardines, but we made it to the wedding!

The wedding was beautiful. Maddox did a great job walking down the aisle with the two flower girls. I was supposed to grab him when he got in the front, but he kept screaming when I tried to make him sit with me. Reluctantly I let him down to roam. He grabbed the flower basket from his cousin, Mallie, and spent the whole ceremony picking up all of the rose petals. He stopped a couple times to watch what was going one up front, but then got right back to work. It kept him content, so we were happy.
He was a handful after the ceremony though, running around all over the place and trying to throw dirt. During the first half hour of the reception Ben and I were getting tired of chasing him. Ben gave Mallie $20 to watch him for the rest of the night, and I must say that was a genius idea. We had a great time and were glad we could be here on Pete and Cassie’s special day.








No comments:

Post a Comment