Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Last Minute Items

Ben can sign out at midnight, so of course he wants to leave then instead of sleeping. He wants to drive all through the night, hoping Maddox will sleep, but I'm worried Ben will end up sleeping too and I'll be stuck driving all night since he didn't sleep hardly at all last night. My husband has developed a bit of insomnia due to working 3 years as a Drill Sgt. I think his body is so used to running off of 3 hours or 4 hours of sleep that when he tries to go to bed early it doesn't know what to do with itself. We got in bed around 9pm last night, hoping to rest up for the big trip, but at 2am he was still awake. He's tried everything from soothing sound machines to warm baths, drinking warm milk to reading in bed, even forcing himself to lay in the dark for hours waiting to fall asleep. I feel really bad for him because I know he's exhuasted. Maybe these two weeks off will give him enough time to get his sleep habits back in check.

Two weeks with with my husband...I'm really excited about that :)

I still have a lot left on my "To Do" list. We did a lot yesterday. Maddox got a haircut, Ben mowed the lawn, I worked on packing and cleaning, we put the mail on hold, and gave the beasts a bath! There was no way I was letting them in the car without one. They've spent the last few months laying in the dirt to keep cool and shedding all over the place. We brushed them like crazy and scrubbed them up. Hank is looking pretty good, but Tiny...that dog will be the death of me. He continues to shed like mad. I don't know how he still has hair on his body. I swept the whole house yesterday, let the dogs in for the night, and I've already got tumble weeds going down the hallway. I wish I was allowed to just shave him!

I got a little distracted with the decision to dye my hair last night. I had bought black hair dye to cover up the unwelcomed "natural highlights" that pop up with age. I was about to dye it and jokingly said "Why don't I just make it blonde." Ben was really enthusiastic about that and came home with blond hair dye, so....Why not! Well...there's not one strand of blond in my hair. It turned out like a brownish red and really doesn't go too well with my skin tone. Maybe that's why the box said it's "Not Recommended" for dark brown to black hair. Now to decided wether to go back to black or get another box of blond and try again.

But, there's not time to do that now! I have to finish packing and cleaning so we are ready to go whenever Ben is ready....not to mention I hear dog food being thrown across the kitchen floor....better go check on that....





No comments:

Post a Comment